and husbands buy roses for their wives, kids give each other Valentines and the whole world feels loved.
Some of us won’t be told “I love you” today. Widowed neighbors, single girls, the gay adolescent who is being bullied, the homeless guy, the co-worker who fakes being indifferent–no one thinks to tell them how valuable they are today, because we are all so involved with those who return our affections.
Today, on Valentine’s Day, I dare us to make a difference. Not in the lives of the ones who express their love to us anyway, no, that’s a given. But in the lives of the “others,” you know, those who aren’t comfortable to love, or who simply are alone today, whatever the reason may be.
Let’s impact their lives for good ON PURPOSE!
- Drop off a rose to a lonely neighbor–no note, just a surprise rose in the mailbox or on the door steps
- Surprise your co-worker with her/his favorite coffee drink
- Find someone in financial need and slip a gift card in their purse/coat pocket without them knowing it
- Hand-write a letter to your mom/dad/aunt/grand’ma/sister and mail it out today
- Text someone you appreciate and let them know what you think of them
- Surprise someone with a box of chocolates…
- Look for something great in someone you don’t especially care for and tell him/her
- Take time to really listen to the one who just wants to talk… Engage your heart, mind, eyes, body and let the person know you care.
- Do the one thing your mate has been asking you to do for the last few weeks; just do it, and don’t tell.
JUST DO IT. TODAY.
And tell us about it!
linking up with Women Living Well