Last year, I decided to go for a promotion in my business. It looked absolutely unreachable, but in my gut, I knew I had to go for it. This was a very scary move, like deciding to train for and run a marathon, but after lots of planning and work, I made it.
Lovely. Beautiful. So worth it. I rearranged my life in view of it. Most importantly, it profoundly changed me. In a nutshell, here are the lessons I learned along the journey:
- Listen to people’s advice, learn from other people’s experiences, but at the end, follow your gut. Not your pride, not your possible love for fame, money, recognition or whatever else you may seek, but your gut; when all is said and done, what you do is your decision, and you are the one who will live with the consequences, not your neighbors, friends, advisers.
2. Support the people in your life/organization/family who are on fire. As you give yourself wholeheartedly to them, as you seek their success above your own, they will flourish–and you will wind up blessed in the process.
3. Preparation is the key.
4. Analyze your successes and failures and learn. Don’t think of failures as negative events but launching points for something new and better.
6. Be courageous. Do the things that are terrifying. Just get started with a tiny little step, and then another. Become familiar with being uncomfortable. Courage is knowing God is with you.
7. Work hard. Focused imbalance is really okay for a season.
8. Really listen to people and genuinely care.
9. Become a strong leader by (a) dealing with people according to their personality, and where they are in life (b) let them take ownership of their life/business; do not micro-manage–back off and let them shine! Let them find their own way, just be the silent supporter behind the scene.
10. Sandwich all you do with prayer. Commit your way to the Lord in every single step and be ready for Him to change your course. He knows best.
I expect 2016 to be even more successful. You?
Sometimes, I link up with any or all of these wonderful writers: Hearts 4 Home,SDG, Hearts Reflected, WLW, EOA, Things I can’t say, Growing Home,Play Dates with God, Monday Musings, Hear it on Sunday,Inspire Me Monday, Tell me a Story, The Better Mom, a Mama’s Story, Into the Word, In and Around Mondays,OYHT, Gratituesday,Titus2Tuesdays,Extraordinay,Lessons from Ivy,Denise in Bloom, Sweet Blessings, Faith Filled Friday,Finding Joy,WholeHearted Home, Mom’s the Word, Reclaiming a Redeemed Life, Still Saturday. Wildcrafting Wednesdays, WFMW